- This is a hands-on class where students build machines, buildings, vehicles and other structures out of LEGO® Bricks, using one-of-a-kind model plans designed by Bricks 4 Kidz®.
- Each class begins with a teacher-led discussion related to the model of the day.
- Students build a new project each week.
- While exploring principles of engineering, architecture, physics and more, students will develop problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Once the project is complete, children use the rest of their time to modify their model builds and collaborate with one another.
Curriculum and Instructional Content:
- Students will work in a lab-type setting using LEGO® components such as gears, axles and beams.
- Instructional content is multi-disciplinary and designed by educators to increase the student’s general knowledge and introduce S.T.E.M (science, technology, engineering and math) concepts related to the day’s model.
- Lessons are designed around students’ interests, with themes such as animals, space, transportation and sports.
- The material covered in each session will vary depending upon students’ age, experience, and skill level. All materials are provide
- To build problem-solving skills, provide an opportunity for creative expression and foster an appreciation for how things work.
- For students to play and socialize with friends while learning the fundamentals of engineering and architecture in a non-competitive setting.
- To help students understand that architecture and engineering are viable career choices.
- When lessons are related to something students enjoy, such as building with LEGO® Bricks, students are motivated and retain more of what they learn.
- Working with a partner fosters teamwork and cooperation.
- Completing a new challenge each week builds self-esteem.
- Students already know how to build with LEGO® Bricks, however with a little coaching, they can learn about engineering, architecture, physics, and math using specialized components.