Covid-19 Screening (Staff & Customers)
- We will be using infrared thermometers to check the temperature of each staff member before their shift begins.
- All customers/ Playcious players will have their temperature checked upon entrance into the facility to ensure that everyone who comes into the facility is in good health.
- Anyone with a temperature over 38 degrees celsius or experiencing any flu like symptoms will not be allowed in the facility.
- All staff is required to fill out a health screening questionnaire before each shift.
- All Playcious customers are required to fill out a health screening questionnaire. The questionnaire may be completed online, on paper or verbally upon entrance.
- Upon entrance into the facility, all customers/guests will be asked to sanitize their hands.
- Sanitizer stations have been increased all around the facility.
- An appointed staff member will be constantly sanitizing all surfaces that are considered frequent points of contact (i.e, door handles, washroom knobs, pin pads, etc). Washrooms are being fully sanitized/cleaned every 30 minutes.
- Playcious will be closing after each 2 hour time slot for 30 minutes for cleaning and sanitizing the facility before the next group arrives.
- Our well trained staff are cleaning and sanitizing the facility continuously, including the cafe, all surfaces, floors, rides, arcade games and the 4-storey structure. A hard clean/sanitization is performed on a nightly basis.
Physical/ Social Distancing
- Floor decals have been added to assist with social distancing. We encourage patrons to continue practicing social distancing – 2m/6ft apart from others.
- Clear barriers have been added to the reception and cafe counter to ensure a safe distance between staff and customers.
- All lounging areas, including the cafe, have been adjusted to ensure all tables, chairs or couches remain 2m/6ft apart from one another.
Face Masks and Face Coverings
- As per the Halton and York Region by-law, customers and staff are required to wear masks in the facility.
- We encourage all customers to bring their own mask. Masks will be on sale in our facility for $1.
- Individuals two years of age in York Region or five years of age in Halton Region, and over are required to wear a non-medical mask or face covering in enclosed (indoor) public places.
- Every parent or guardian that enters the facility is also required to wear a non-medical mask or face covering.
- For more detailed information on MANDATORY MASKS, click the links belowYork Region Halton Region
- As per Ontario Government Regulations, we will be allowing a maximum of 50 people in the facility.
- We encourage all Playcious guests to fill out the health screening questionnaire, sign a waiver and pay online ahead of time. With the revised two hour time slots, this will allow you to maximize your time here at Playcious.
Play areas and Attractions
- During operational hours, all rides will have an attendant monitoring/ controlling the line. The designated staff member will ensure that all children sanitize their hands prior to entering the ride and will be sanitizing the ride after each use.
- Floor decals have been added to assist with social distancing.
- All toy materials and equipment are disinfected and cleaned between uses.
- We have temporarily closed our ball pit and the top 2 floors of the jungle gym to allow for more precise cleaning and sanitization and limit the spread of germs.
- We encourage all children to take turns using the equipment in the jungle gym. A staff member is frequently monitoring the structure to assist with this.
Additional Protective Measures to Help Keep Everyone Safe
- Stay home when you are sick!
- Wash hands often. Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Wear a face mask or covering when in an enclosed, public setting.
- We encourage all customers to pre-purchase their tickets online.
Click here for more information & Covid-19 updates:
York Region Halton Region Toronto